We consider applicant for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Public Works Crew Member
Under the direction of the Public Works Superintendent, performs all tasks involving the installation, maintenance, and repair and operation of Village of Maple Bluff public works facilities, recreation facilities, parks, water and sewer systems, and mechanical equipment. Receives and carries out job assignments involving the performance of manual labor often involving physically demanding work and the operation of mechanized and equipment.
The following duties are normal for this position. These’ are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive; other duties may be required and assigned.
- Collection of residential and commercial refuse, as required. Tasks include driving and operating refuse trucks throughout the Village along designated routes and manually loading/picking up refuse.
- Sweeping of all Village street.
- Tree and Shrub trimming and chipping of tree branches.
- Collection of large household items for disposal and/or recycling.
- Collection of leaves gathered by residents along the street during the fall season.
- Patching of Village streets using asphalt; cold patch and/or hot mix.
- Maintenance and repair of storm sewer facilities.
- Maintenance and repair of sanitary sewer facilities, including cleaning and root cutting of sewer mains.
- Maintenance and repair of water system facilities, including repair of water main breads; routine maintenance of fire hydrants and valves; installation, maintenance, and repair of water meters and individual service valves; sampling of water as required by local, state, and federal regulations; and other duties as assigned.
- Grass cutting with tractor, lawn mower, or weed trimmer.