About The Village of Maple Bluff
The Village of Maple Bluff is a small, residential, suburb of Madison, WI, with a population of approximately 1,400. The area of Maple Bluff was once occupied by the Winnebagos because of the lush maple groves and Lake Mendota which provided excellent fishing and hunting. The Village started to become established in the late 1890′s by Thomas E. Coleman. Maple Bluff’s Village limits are defined by Lake Mendota to the west, N. Sherman Ave., Sherman Ave., and the Wisconsin & Southern Railroad to the east, the Yahara River to the south, and the Warner Park Boat launch to the north.
History of Maple Bluff: An excerpt from Historic Madison: A Journal of the Four Lake Region, Volume XII: 1995 by Doug McLean
Historical Photos: Photo search “Maple Bluff” of the Wisconsin Historical Society’s Archives.